Wednesday 28 March 2012

Final Idea

After trying out various backgrounds and backdrops I finalized my choice on a cropped in area of a record.



I stuck with my initial idea bar the extensions on the Y, the idea is based on my research into Swiss typography and using angles. The angles I used are -20 and 28, there is no real relevance to the angles bar the fact that they worked alongside each other and the body copy runs off the angle of the Y extension.

The choice of background is meant to bring back to 'retro' qualities of vinyls and record players, most DJ's of this era use computer software and digital turntables but back when Saturday sessions first started records will of been used.

Several ideas were thrown in about the choice of typeface but the one chosen is a San Serif to relate to the Swiss typography research. The typeface is Gill Sans Regular and is used on the bodycopy also.

Overall after really struggling with this project and getting a sound idea down I am pleased with what I have produced and think it works well and meets the brief. As a poster on a wall I think it draws the viewer in to find out a little more on what the poster includes and as a poster on a moving object I think enough is given for the viewer to understand what the poster is for.

No comments:

Post a Comment